Thursday, June 29, 2006

Went back to Angkor Wat for Sunset, once again, it was a cloudy day.
Hence, the sunset view wasn’t spectacular.


Inside Angkor Wat II

Angkor Wat – Grandeur

This photo was a classic example of communication, perhaps cultural, barrier. I approached a Cambodian guy and asked if he could help to take a photo of me. He nodded in consent, well, at least that’s what I assumed. Then, the next moment, he took a photo of his friend using my camera?!?!? Then, he returned the camera to me.

I was a bit dumb-folded. Speechless. In fact, I just smiled back in courtesy. Is there any logic in his action? Firstly, why am I not in the photo? Why would I want the photo of his friend? Well, even if I wanted to take photo of his friend, why can’t I do it myself? Why do I need to bother him?

I found it funny and amusing as I didn’t understand it till this day. Anyway, to avoid further awkwardness and embarrassment, I waited for him and his friends to leave before I approached another person to help me to take photo. Posted by Picasa

No comments: